Regular and adjunct faculty from any part of the University of Georgia may serve as a member of the Faculty of the River Basin Center. The only requirement is that faculty members demonstrate that they are active in the center by one of the following mechanisms:
- Serving on the advisory board and attending at least one board meeting per year, or
- Participating in an externally funded project in which the RBC is designated for center credit within the last five years, or
- Submitting a grant (whether funded or not) with the RBC designated for center credit within the last five years. Note: the RBC does not receive overhead returns, so this designation carries no financial obligation.
Benefits of serving as a member of the Faculty of the RBC include:
- Opportunities to collaborate on grants and externally funded contracts with other RBC faculty and staff;
- Priority access to the RBC conference room and the RBC webinar/conference call account, by reservation with office manager Wendy Paulsen;
- Opportunities to sponsor graduate students for the RBC’s Butler Fellowship.
UGA faculty who are interested in joining the Faculty of the River Basin Center should contact center co-directors Laurie Fowler or Seth Wenger.