Since its inception in 1989, the biennial Georgia Water Resources Conference has provided an open forum for the discussion of water policies and management strategies within the state of Georgia.
In 2021, the conference featured 24 posters and more than 200 panel discussions and presentations and was attended by over 300 participants. Attendees were comprised of environmental and water professionals; local, state and federal agency representatives; watershed organizations; researchers, students, public service and faculty/extension agents and educators.
This year, the conference will feature 10 panels, 130 talks, and nearly 50 posters. Almost 30% of our talks and 75% of our posters will be presented by students.
We look forward to gathering in-person again for the 2023 Georgia Water Resources Conference!
2023 General Conference information
The Georgia Water Resources Conference is organized by the UGA River Basin Center, funded by the Georgia Water Resources Institute and 27 other sponsors, and fueled by the innovation of our participants.
- Katherine Atteberry, ARC/Metro Water Planning District
- Brian Bledsoe, Institute for Resilient Infrastructure Systems
- Pam Burnett, Georgia Association of Water Professionals
- Daniel Calhoun, US Geological Survey
- Gail Cowie, Albany State University
- Ben Emanuel, American Rivers
- Jennifer Flowers, Georgia Association of Water Professionals
- Aris Georgakakos, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Steve Golladay, Jones Center at Ichauway
- Cody Hale, Nutter and Associates
- Erin Lincoln, TetraTech
- Chris Manganiello, Chattahoochee Riverkeeper
- Charles McMillan, Georgia Conservancy
- Doug Oetter, Georgia College and State University
- Jenny Pahl, Corblu Ecology Group
- Luke Pangle, Georgia State University
- Rena Peck, Georgia River Network
- Will Pruitt, Kleinschmidt Associates
- Jim Renner, Chemours
- Mark Risse, GA SeaGrant
- Eric Somerville, USEPA
- Jill Stachura, Brown and Caldwell
- Elizabeth Sudduth, Georgia Gwinnett College
- Anna Truszczynski, Department of Natural Resources
- Lori Visone, CDM Smith
- Brock Woodson, UGA Engineering
- Sarah Buckleitner, UGA Institute for Resilient Infrastructure Systems
- James Deemy, College of Coastal Georgia
- Duncan Elkins, UGA Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources
- Todd Rasmussen, UGA Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources
- Seth Wenger, River Basin Center, Odum School of Ecology
- Cheryth Youngmann, Conference Coordinator, River Basin Center and Odum School of Ecology